Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Attachment

... of the outer sole to the upper.

That's where the trouble started for me.

My specs:
Yarn
: Jo Sharp DK double-stranded.

Insole: easy


Upper: ditto, now that I know how to "wrap n turn" thanks to the
knitty tutorial.

But it's Row 30 that got me stumped: "BO 18 outer sole sts while working ktch into first 19 purl bumps of main body".



After 2 attempts, I ended up just ripping all of my C colour out and starting again.

Now I'm back up to Row 21 of the outer sole.


More positively, I have done a button if anyone's interested.

It's pretty rough n ready & I realised after I uploaded it to flikr that it's too low-res.
(Once it's button-size it's very hard to read the text). If there's any takers, I'll post again with the url for a hi-res version.


Comments?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

The button is adorable, thanks for your time doing that.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I am at the same place that you are, on row 30. I don't get it either.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home