Thursday, November 30, 2006

My first pair of clogs are finished!

Sorry I'm late to the party. I cranked on these over Thanksgiving. I have more details on my blog - IndigoMuse Knits - about tips and hints for working this pattern as I got stuck in a few places. The yarn used in the pair below is Patons Merino Denim Marl, Cascade 220 off white (the one that felts) and Galway Heathers in Dk Brown. Inspite of the fact that I used three very different yarns (quite a risk when felting), they felted very nicely together. I didn't use beads because I'm planning to needle felt designs on the slippers for my various relatives. I'll post more pictures of that process later. I've got several other pairs to finish in the next few weeks so I'd better get busy. Best wishes on your clogs!


Curiously Clever Clogs




Curiously Clever Clogs

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Great clogs! Very brave mixing the three yarns...I believe I will be using Patons Merino Wool..just have to pick colors.

12:53 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Very nice! I love the colors you chose. You are succeeding in motivating me to pull mine out and get them finished.

12:56 PM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

I sure wish I would've read your post before I knit mine. I'm also very visual & have had too much trouble with these but now that I've frogged mine, I feel so much better about how it all goes together. Thanks for the link & photos on your blog!

I love the idea of needle felting a design on top! I wish I would've though of it instead of searching for 2 weeks for matching beads!!

2:39 PM  
Blogger eve knits said...

OOOO!!! They look great!!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home